New Years Resolutions

I have never been a big fan of New Years Resolutions; mainly because I don't seem to stick to them!
But I have never been one to give up so I, along with most of you, I'm sure have written a little list to help 2016 be a better year for me in every aspect. It's not a long list but I have had lots of messages from you asking to know more about me so that's why I am sharing this with you :)

In my last post on New Years Eve, you will see that I chose a word at the beginning of every year; A word that I want to represent the year ahead. One word seems to give me focus. The word for this year is "Success"

success
səkˈsɛs/
noun
  1. 1.
    the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
    "the president had some success in restoring confidence"
    synonyms:favourable outcome, successfulness, favourable result, successful outcome, positive result, victorytriumph
    "we are very encouraged by the success of the scheme"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    the good or bad outcome of an undertaking.
    "the good or ill success of their maritime enterprises"


1. The first area I want to succeed his year is my fitness. I know, I know. Everyone vows to get fit in January. I do intend to succeed (there's that word again) though. In all honesty I hate exercise! I will always find something to do in order to avoid any exercise I have planned. I do however love walking so in an effort to stay realistic I am going to make sure that I get out walking at least four times a week. There is something so exhilarating about throwing on my Nikes and getting out in nature, This is completely achievable and therefore sustainable! Most importantly exercise is the best form of therapy and having suffered with bad anxiety attacks for the last few years, I know only too well just how much a walk can clear the head. Ultimately I would like to rely on exercise and not medication to help when an attack hits.


2. I am also back on my health kick, regarding my food. I have never used the word diet because I feel it sounds short term. I am actually good at eating the right foods and am lucky enough to be a good cook. It just seems that for the last six months I got lazy so this has stopped. I find it really relaxing to get into the kitchen and create a new dish. With that in mind, this resolution should be totally achievable. Don't get me wrong though I have a tendency to be lazy and if I don't have the right food in my fridge and cupboards, I will tend towards pasta and bread which are fine in moderation but not every day. One of my best friends has managed to lose 2.5 stone last with Slimming World so I am seriously considering this. I have also invested in Miss Fit Skinny Tea to help me along. My cousin is getting married in Portugal in July so having a goal to work towards really helps too! I will be sharing more recipes on my Snapchat (susemcd) so add me there if you don't follow me already.



3. When I was made redundant in May of 2014, my confidence took a big knock. Although it was great to have some proper time off I found I was unable to relax as I was so unsure as to what I wanted to do with my career. I applied for college and successfully obtained my first choice. However it didn't take very long for me to realise that the course and full time education were just not for me. It took a while but I eventually made my decision and I am certain that I made the right decision for me. I know I don't have the support of all my friends or family but well that's life and if  I was to try keep everyone in my life happy, I would be a shadow of my former self not to mention, unhappy! The old adage of "Those who matter don't judge and those who judge don't matter" became my mantra when I worried about telling people of my decision. As I mentioned earlier I learned in 2015 to do what makes me happy and to not seek approval from others. The decision regarding college was certainly the catalyst in that lesson. I fully intend to keep educating myself but I will do it in smaller courses, in a way that I can achieve a healthy work/life balance while remaining true to myself. I have signed up with the Local Enterprise Board and am looking forward to all that they can help me achieve.

4. Fashion Floats has been around since 2010. There have been lots of little changes along the way as I attempt to keep the content fresh for you. 2016 will be a big year for the blog when I intend to add an online shop to the site. I also want to achieve more followers on both Instagram and Snapchat and I also would like to meet more fellow Bloggers. As I'm not really the face of Fashion Floats, I will need to find a way to combine all this. I have a few ideas and I am very excited about them! Whilst I'm writing this I must remind you all about the annual competition that I will be running to celebrate 6 years of blogging. This time the competition will be run exclusively on Instagram so if you're not already following me there, do it now!



So that's it. I could go into way more detail as when I start to type, I find it difficult to stop but I won't bore you all. As always please do leave suggestions or comments over on my Instagram if there is anything new that you would like to see here on the blog.  And of course I love receiving emails from you all too. I always endeavour to reply to them all! I hope my resolutions have given you some food for thought and maybe even inspired some of you!

Blog Soon,
Suse x.