Utterly beautiful under pinnings!

I can pinpoint exactly to the day when my passion for beautiful lingerie began. It was September 10th 2000. I had spent a year travelling around Australia and was doing some present shopping for friends and family before I set off for home.

Anyway as I wandered aimlessly, for I really dislike shopping (but that's for another blog) I spotted the most exquisite bra and french knickers set from Calvin Klein. It was a dreamy mix of coffee and cream and made from the most delicate chantilly lace. I gazed at it longingly for about fifteen minutes weighing up the pro's and con's of buying it and not not being able to indulge in a social life until I got home.I decided to wander around the store and mull it over.Anyway as is often the case with me, the less practical devil on my shoulder won over and I decided that Yes-I could certainly survive on boxed wine for my last week! :-)

As I floated back to the lingerie department my hear skipped a beat in anticipation of the beautiful purchase I was about to make. You can guess the rest I'm sure.... by the time I got back the set, "my set" was gone! Not stolen (but as good as, to me!) but just bought by some other lucky lucky lady or gent for his lucky lucky lady! As you can tell I never got over this travesty! And so my passion for exquisite undergarments continues.....

                                          TallulahLove.com


My friends think it's old fashioned and hilarious that I always wear slips under dresses but who wouldn't want to wear this???


I just love this-simple as!




From the Old French linge, meaning “linen,” the term “lingerie” was originally introduced into the English language as a euphemism for scandalous underclothing. While the actual term “lingerie” was not in widespread use until the late 1850s, lingerie as it implies general underclothing has a rich and elaborate history that consistently switches between the feminine and boyish as well as the painful and practical. From the laced corset “wasp waists” and “false buttocks” to the uplifted busts of the early 1990 supermodels.


Madonna in her famous conical bra and it's inspiration...



An original 1950's bra.

The first record of underwear comes from ancient Egypt around 3000 B.C. In general, clothing was a status symbol for the Egyptians, and higher-ranking women would wear narrow tunics as undergarments Slave and servants wore no undergarments; they wore only simple loin cloths or went naked. Several female terracotta figurines found throughout the ancient Near East appear to wear several different types of undergarments. One of them is a Babylonian girl from about 3000 B.C. who is wearing what might be considered briefs that look as though it could have been derived from the loin cloth. Both are interesting in that they show similarities to lingerie eons later in the western world.

A mosaic from the Piazza Armerina in Sicily showing a woman wearing a strophium (breastcloth) and a subligaculumion



http://www.elselingerie.com/ My go to for something special.


http://www.freyalingerie.com/ My favourite everyday underwear brand.

Obviously I love the look and feel of great underwear but to me the best thing about it, is it's power.

The power of the feeling you get when you walk out your door in the morning, knowing you are wearing something pretty or sexy or even naughty. To me- that is what it is all about..........




Enjoy and have a great weekend! :-)

 Blog soon, S x.