Fashion Floats Finds - Very Fine South

Since joining Instagram earlier this year, I have realised that there are so many gorgeous and somewhat undiscovered labels out there. Labels that you might never hear of.  If like me, you like something a little different, then this is the place for you! I will endeavour to bring you as many of these finds as I can from across the globe. I will do the hard work so you don't have to!  Perhaps you will share the love and encourage small businesses by doing the same. If you would like me to feature your brand, just drop me a mail here, Susanne x.



Very Fine South

There are very few women out there who aren't into bags and I am no exception. I tend to buy one and wear it to death, only deviating for a special occasion or perhaps if a weekend calls for a bigger bag. My current bag of choice is the Diane Von Furstenberg Milo Bag. I have been using it for a year now and it still looks brand new. The leather hasn't lost it's shape nor has it scratched. My favourite thing about this bag is the choice of straps. I use the crossbody strap every day and if an occasion calls for a dressier look, that strap is detachable and there is a shorter handle. I want a replacement but have yet to be wooed enough by another. Until now...
Their Story
Very Fine South is owned and run by Atlanta based designer Laura Shope. Like many labels, it was borne from the designers frustration at being unable to find what she herself was looking for. In Laura's case this niche is practical and durable bags that also look good, really good. Having studied industrial design, Laura went on to create her first hand-dyed, hand-waxed bag in 2011. The requests flowed in and so Very Fine South was born. 
The Collection
All the bags are either a waxed cotton or leather and each one is handmade. Their colour palette is a delicious faded-out, countrified version of the rainbow.  There are currently three ranges to choose from including a classics and limited edition section. In reality you could get all your bag needs covered here.



The George. Waxed canvas with detachable leather strap.
Buy HERE

The beautiful countrified rainbow colour palette

Tsalagi Fringed Leather Clutch
Buy HERE

Where & How Much?
The full collection is available online here: www.veryfinesouth.com
Prices start at a very reasonable $44.00 (approx €40.00)  
Perfect If
You like to support small independent labels. You like to have accessories that  no-one else will have. You like to wear a bag that is not easily identifiable. You like good quality.
Fashion Floats Says
I love that every piece is hand made and/or hand dyed. 
~ The deliciously delicate colour palette really set this label apart from it's contemporaries.
The George Bag could be the perfect stylish and practical option for my impending return           to college, or anyone else's for that matter.
That she could be friends with Laura, the designer and founder!
I wish that every designer/design house/label would follow suit regarding their stance          
     on philanthropy
~ This label has a long, strong future ahead.
~ It would be the icing on the cake if Laura were to include an overnight/weekend bag in her 
    next collection.