The Philo Files

Any of my regular blog followers (and since I've received my blog statistics-I know I you are out there!) will know I am currently lusting after a pair of Celine ankle boots. I decided I'd take a closer look at the label and I have to admit I was beyond impressed with what I saw...

Contemporary classics...

Phoebe Philo took over the reins as designer of French Fashion house Celine in 2009, starting with a Winter collection. It is fair to say that Philo has not put a foot wrong since, Her vision for the label; to pare down.

Since then the label has become a power house with every fashion editor looking to Phoebe for their personal wardrobe, not to mention their editorials. You will see a more pared down and chic aesthetic filtering through every collection and thus the high streets collections. This look is all about a less is more, quality over quantity attitude. This is all down to Philo. I am confident in saying that this girls star is on the up and she has a very, very bright future ahead!



 

 


Adore her watch.

A Closer Look...

And my personal favourite-this reminds me of Neopolitan ice-cream! :-)

Celine was originally launched in 1945 as a children's made-to-measure shoe business. The French luxury house expanded during the sixties with adult footwear, handbags, and a women's ready-to-wear collection. During this time, Celine was one of the first luxury brands to open up distribution to Japan, and their focus on international expansion continued over the next few decades. Besides their flagship Left Bank boutique, shops can be found in cosmopolitan cities such as Monte Carlo, Geneva, Hong Kong, and Rome, where the high-end wearable separates, such as swinging skirts, fitted shirts, and soft knits and accessories—belts, boots, shoes and bags...



They look super, don't they?



Any editor worth their weight in Vogue's (Sorry, couldn't resist!) has this bag.

And, as if I didn't have too many pairs of shoes already-
I found these...
Uh oh... I think I'm in trouble! :-)

Blog soon, S x.

P.s. Please leave a comment-it's very quick & easy! Click underneath where *comments is, write your comment, click name/url, fill in your name or click anonymous then click publish your comment. It takes about ten seconds!. Thank you!