Sale Shopping

Saturday Sale Shopping!

With the Summer sales starting earlier every year it is a win, win situation for the consumers. I mean as customers we are only getting used to wearing skirts with no tights and the retailers are already putting out Winter stock. With twenty years experience in retail, I can tell you it was more than a little frustrating to be reducing stock to half price when it had hardly got a chance to be sold at full price. But now I am no longer working in the retail sector, I am of course delighted to be bagging bargains! :)

Just yesterday I scored these boots from Mango. All of their Sale stock is now half price.  I had been looking at the boots online all season. When none of the sizes had sold out after a few weeks I had a feeling that they would be in the Summer sale and sure enough, I got them yesterday reduced from €89.95 to €44.95! I'm delighted. I wear this style of boot with bare legs and little skirts and dresses every Summer. I tend to go more bohemian in the Summer and more pared back in the Winter so I think these boots will work really hard for the rest of the Summer in my wardrobe. I haven't worn Mango's footwear before so I'll be interested to see if they are comfortable. I'll let you know when I receive them in the post!

 Mango Anke Boots
Click the photo to view the boots on Mango.com





The Fashion Bloggers favourite, ZARA are in sale too. They have yet to reduce everything to half price. To be honest I am more than a little disappointed with ZARA this season. I think it's the first time in a very long time that I haven't purchased from them. Anyway I have taken a little look again this morning and picked this as my star buy from ZARA's sale.


Click on the photo to view on Zara.com

I love a sale buy that can take you through more than one season. Although this knitted coat-style cardigan is quite of the moment, I think its' definitely a piece that you could pull out of your wardrobe year after year. The colour palette means it won't date and I think this piece could look equally great worn over a little black dress with a pair of ankle boots for a night out, in the hi-lo style which is so popular now.  The cotton acrylic mix means it won't pill. Also there will be some heat in it whilst being lightweight. I think it is a brilliant trans-seasonal wardrobe piece and at only €39.95 this is a piece that is sure to work hard in your wardrobe! I mean, what's not to love?!

I'll do another blogpost on Sale buys next week. If you're looking for any piece in particular, maybe an outfit for a special occasion, just email me here and I'll do the hard work for you!

Susanne @ Fashion Floats
xxx